Saturday, March 21, 2020
1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
FREE TO ATTEND
Venue: Wildwood City Hall
16860 Main St., Wildwood, MO 63040
The Wildwood Lawn & Garden Summit is hosted by the City of Wildwood, local Wildwood business owners and the Wildwood Farms Community Garden.
The Wildwood Lawn & Garden Summit is intended to educate Wildwood residents and visitors on key lawn & garden issues, and help grow the City’s lawn & garden businesses within our community. This FREE Summit will provide education and hands-on demonstration from local Wildwood businesses for the following topics:
- Compost Production, Benefits and Application Rates (Fick Supply Service Inc.)
- Deer-Resistant Planting (Zick’s Great Outdoors)
- Getting Your Vegetables Started (St. Louis Community College at Wildwood)
- Invasive Honeysuckle – Effective Removal Strategies & Techniques (Wildwood Tree Service)
- Perennial & Shrub Spring Maintenance to Ensure a Colorful Year (Passiglia’s Nursery & Garden Center)
- Planting Natives – heat, drought and water tolerant species (Papillon Perennials)
- Tips on Cultivating a Healthy Garden (Wildwood Family YMCA)
- Water – and – Integrated Pest Management for Home Gardeners (Fahr Greenhouse)
There will be two (2) simultaneous educational sessions occurring inside City Hall (in the Council Chambers and Community Room) from 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM. Each business will be give their presentation twice so that all attendees have the best opportunity to attend the session of their choice. Each presentation will last 30 minutes, including time for an overview presentation and Q&A. Participating businesses will also have a hands-on display and demonstration tent outside. All event attendees are encouraged to visit these tents during, in between, or after each session. Light snacks and refreshments will be provided to all attendees.
If you are interested in attending this event, please click the the registration link below. There is no cost to attend, but advance registration is respectfully requested.